Resources and References
There are a number of resources and references used by the ebXML Core Components and Business Process team.
Some of the resources are from ebXML and can be found on the other project team pages. Non-ebXML
resources include, but are not limited to, external standards efforts such as the
UN/CEFACT Unified Modeling Methodology (TMWG N090).
This list is a "work-in-progress".
- UN/CEFACT and OASIS have established the
Electronic Business XML initiative to develop a technical framework that will enable XML
to be utilized in a consistent manner for the exchange of all electronic business data.
- ISO/IEC 14662: Information Technologies - Open-edi reference model
- The Open-edi Reference Model identifies the required standards for Open-edi and provides a reference for those standards by defining the basic concepts used to develop them. It serves as the basis for co-ordination of work between the different agencies involved in EDI standardisation. It provides the framework for this co-ordination and for the integration of existing and emerging standards and the development of future standards. The Open-edi Reference Model places existing EDI standards in perspective.
- RFC 2119 Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels
- In many standards track documents several words are used to signify
the requirements in the specification. These words are often
capitalized. This document defines these words as they should be
interpreted in IETF documents.
- UN Business Process
Analysis Working Group (BPAWG)
- Techniques and Methodologies
Working Group (TMWG)
- TMWG N090: UN/CEFACT Modeling Methodology (UMM). N090
"This document describes the UN/CEFACT Modelling methodology (UMM) that
should be adopted by UN/CEFACT to model Business Processes and support the
development of existing and "Next Generation" EDI for electronic business.
It is based on customising the Unified Process methodology developed by the
Rational Corporation so as to meet UN/CEFACT needs for modelling business
- United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business.
- UN Trade Data Interchange Directory (EDIFACT schemas).
- Commerce Net created the eCo working group
to define a conceptual framework through which e-commerce systems can be discovered,
examined and understood.
- X12 - Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12
- OBI - The Open Buying on the Internet Consortium
- AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group
- Odette - European Automotive Industry Supply Chain
- VDA - Association of the German Automotive Industry
- The Organization for the Advancement of
Structured Information Standards, is a nonprofit, international consortium dedicated to
accelerating the adoption of product-independent formats based on public standards. These
standards include SGML, XML, HTML and CGM as well as others that are related to structured
- w3c - World Wide Web Consortium