Guidelines for ebXML Media Relations
The ebXML Marketing Awareness Project Team appreciates the need for organizations to receive public recognition for their participation in ebXML work, and we are happy to facilitate that kind of publicity whenever possible. The Marketing PT recognizes:
To minimize the risk of confusion, mixed messages and biased reporting in the media, the ebXML Marketing Awareness Project Team has established the following guidelines. These pertain to press releases, press conferences, or any official communications with the media regarding ebXML, proof-of-concept demos, contributed technologies or other events:
1. All press releases announcing or discussing ebXML technical work will be authorized and distributed by ebXML exclusively. Such releases will be coordinated by the ebXML Marketing PT, working with the ebXML Quality Review Project Team and the ebXML Executive Committee.
2. Participants are encouraged to issue press releases concerning their ebXML activities in any of the following contexts. They are requested to send a copy of these releases to Carol Geyer of OASIS prior to their distribution:
3. Participant press announcements that incorporate direct quotes from a representative of the ebXML Executive Committee or Steering Committee should be coordinated through Carol Geyer of OASIS prior to their release.
4. Pre-release confidentiality of participant press announcements will be maintained.
5. Participants who wish to issue press releases that reference other ebXML participants must obtain authorization from those organizations directly.
6. Organizations who wish to announce technology donations must have reviewed and formally agreed to the ebXML Intellectual Property Rights Agreement with the ebXML Executive Committee.
7. ebXML will only engage in joint press releases with non-commercial organizations.
Questions on any of the above policies should be directed to Carol Geyer, Director of Communications, OASIS, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address questions or comments regarding this site to email@example.com