Core Process Team
Identify the catalog of standard ebXML Core Processes.
Mentor the ebXML Core Components Industry Domain Teams
with the applicaiton of the UN/CEFACT Unified Modeling Methodology (UMM) and
the ebXML Business Process Metamodel. Identify any new processes and patterns.
Create the ebXML Business Methodology Guidelines that provides the
prescriptive application of the UN/CEFACT Unified Modeling Methodology (UMM) and
the ebXML Business Process Metamodel.
[Documentation and Deliverables]
[Core Process Work Plan]
[Participation and Mailing List]
The Core Process team deliverables are described below. The deliverables can
be viewed/downloaded from the
ebXML Methodology, Patterns and Analysis - WIP Deliverables page.
- Catalog of Core Processes
- This the catalog of standard ebXML core processes. The catalog covers
domestic and international business processes. It also provides a mapping
to standards such as Rosettanet PIPs, X12, and EDIFACT.
- ebXML Business Methodology Guidelines
- The ebXML Business Process Methodology Guidelines is a specialization of the
UN/CEFACT Unified Modeling Methodology (UMM) [TMWG N090].
By providing a more prescriptive approach, application of the Guidelines will result in
more predictive deliverables. The Guidelines are provide further delineation of steps
and procedures reflecting the practical experience of people who have applied the UMM and
other similar methodologies to e-business.
- ebXML Business Process Specification Template
- The ebXML Business Process Specification Template is a boilerplate for
creating the specifications for business processes. The ebXML Business Process Methodology
Guidelines describes how to gather and create the content for each section in the
- Order Management Business Process Specification
- Target: 10 October 2000.
- [to-be-determined business process] Business Process Specifications
- Target: TBD
The Core Process team target "roadmap" as of 1 September:
- Week of Sep 04
- Plan teleconference schedule - weekly meetings?
- Create roadmap for deliverables
- Week of Sep 11
- team roster
- instructions for subscribing to email list: ebXML-CCBP-Analysis(???)
- teleconference schedule create team web pages
- team mission
- references (RosettaNet, TMWG090, etc.)
- Week of Sep 18
- Post team web pages
- First teleconference
- Assign mentors to work with CC Industry Domain Teams
- Assign team to create Business Process Specification template
- Assign team to create initial list of core processes and descriptions
- Week of Sep 25
- Review initial list of core processes and descriptions
- Review Business Process Specification template
- Week of Oct 02
- Create BPSpec for Order Management
- Week of Oct 09
- Review BPSpec for Order Management
- Create BPSpec for ???
- Week of Oct 16
- Distribute BPSpec for Order Management
- Create BPSpec for ???
- Week of Oct 32
- Distribute BPSpec for ???
- Create Guidelines
- Plan for Tokyo and beyond
- Week of Oct 30
- Review Guidelines
- Week of Nov 06 - ebXML, Tokyo
Your participation in this project team and mailing list is
welcomed! Sign-up to the CC/BP Analysis using the
ebXML participation form. Then send
email to the mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org,
describing your interests and desired level participation.
The mailing list archives are available at