XML uses documents as the transfer mechanism for data.
Everything is "documented."
- Easier to track processes
- Creates a large body of data captured in ways that are
standard to an industry or enterprise, thus enabling
- Data mining
- Long-term retrospective trend analyses
- Business intelligence (BI)
- XML documents model financial and commercial data very
- We've been doing business with documents for thousands
- The document orientation brings our existing legal and
commercial frameworks onto the Internet